Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Product Review: Nuun Rest

Disclaimer: I received tubes of Nuun Rest to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!

Do you run? Do you sleep? Then keep reading because this is going to be good! As some of you know, I am a Nuun Ambassador because I LOVE Nuun! Nuun has been making a huge impact in my health and running performance for years with their electrolyte tablets. They have released several different varieties of tablets over the years, with caffeine, with vitamins, with turmeric and other immunity boosting ingredients, and combinations of them all.

Nuun Rest is their newest formula which has tart cherry and magnesium to encourage relaxation and reduce exercise induced inflammation. They come in two flavors: Lemon Chamomile, and Blackberry Vanilla.

Unlike your typical Nuun tablet, you make Nuun Rest with less water, 4-6 ounces. Part of that is to not dilute the flavor, but also if you're drinking this before bed you really don't want to drink a lot of fluids or you'll have to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

My experiences

I can honestly say that I love this product in so many ways! The taste is great on both flavors, very different than other Nuun products. I like the lemon chamomile hot and the blackberry vanilla cold, just a personal preference. Something to keep in mind is that the magnesium doesn't always dissolve fully, so it leaves crunchies. This is very normal.

I like to drink Nuun Rest before bed time to help my body and mind get into a state of relaxation. In turn this helps me get a more restful sleep. I work in the service industry which can be very demanding. I work long hours and have work with some discerning guests which can take it's toll on my body and mind. After a shift it's hard for me to go right to sleep because my mind is still going. Drinking a Nuun Rest has helped me fall get to sleep faster which leads to more hours of sleep and a wake up feeling more rested.

I'm played around with my Garmin watch, which monitors my sleep, to see if it makes a difference. On the nights where I drink a Nuun Rest, I spend more time in deep sleep than I do on nights where I don't drink it. Deep sleep is imperative for helping your body to recover and repair any damaged muscles from workouts.


Conclusion


I'll reiterate, if you run and sleep then you need to try this! It's just not worth a bad night's sleep when you can drink this tasty beverage before bed and wake up feel refreshed. When you mind and body are at their best you make better choice in nutrition, perform better in workouts, and have a clearer mind.

From now until October 31st you can use code: "HYDRATEBIBPRO" for 20% off. This does not include bundles nor subscriptions. 


See what the other Bibrave Pro's are saying:

Barb     Kimberly     Lissa     Ken     


No comments:

Post a Comment