Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Race Recap: A Christmas Story Virtual 5K/10K

 Disclaimer: I received an entry to A Christmas Story Virtual Run to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!


I've said this several times, why isn't there a race on Christmas Day like there is on Thanksgiving? We always cook just as much if not more food on Christmas, so why isn't there a big race? I'm sure it has something to do with being able to spend more time with your loved ones but oh well. I was super excited run this virtual race on Christmas Day which help fill my need a race.

Let's talk about this race! RAM Racing is the race organizer and they put on a good race. The race can be completed anywhere and there is a 5K and 10K option. Since it is completed anywhere you can choose the course for yourself. If you want flat you can run flat, if you want some hills then you can run some hills.

The swag for the race is also pretty great! You get a race bib, finisher medal, beanie, and full zip sweatshirt. The whole reason you run a virtual race is for the swag and I think this is so festive. I really doesn't make me think of the movie at all, I think they could have done more in that regard. But just the name causes some nostalgia.

I signed up my mom to run with me because we hadn't run a race together since July of 2019. I think this was the best part for me! Due to our busy schedules we don't get to spend much time together and the time that we do is usually busy with things.

We chose an easy flat course by our house. We left mid-morning and it was overcast but not snowy. We did a combination of walking and running because the cold was so rough on our lungs. When we got back to our house, my brother, father, and boyfriend were there to cheer us in and give us our medals.

Overall it was a wonderful experience and I think it was a new family tradition too!

See what the other Bibrave Pro's say:

Phil Shannon Lissa Lisha

No comments:

Post a Comment