Sunday, December 30, 2018

Product Review: Addaday, Arcanum, Nuun, and Vooray

Disclaimer: I received products from Addaday, Arcanum, Nuun, and Vooray as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find and write race reviews!

In this blog post I will discuss the different accessory products that I received from The Running Experience.

Addaday

From Addaday we received their roller stick. I have always wanted one of these because of the versatility and function. All the different points and edges on the stick really get into your muscles and release those pesky lactic acid pockets. Since there is some extra spacing between the rollers it allows you to get a deeper massage than you would with a normal foam roller.

The stick can be used for so many different areas of the body to affect recovery. I use it mainly on my legs, since you know I am a runner and all. But I've really grown to like rolling my feet, and shoulders. I'm one of those people who holds all their stress in their shoulders, and this is a great device to help release some of that tension. It's also small enough to fit in my gym bag so I can roll on the go. 

We also were able to try their new Runner's Tea. It's an oolong tea that is grown in Taiwan, hand picked, and never cut or crushed. So the antioxidants are still intact to give you the most nutrients possible. The flavor is light and creamy. Since the leaves are whole you can reuse them up to six times and still get the benefits from them.

Acranum 

We received three products from Arcanum: the quill, freeze ointment, and breeze massage oil. Arcanum makes products using activated hemp with is an intact version of CBD oil. The main different is that CBD is isolated and activated hemp is whole so you get the most benefits from it. The quill is a daily cream that you apply to the soft tissue of your wrists for direct blood absorption. By using the direct absorption method rather than orally you don't lose any of the nutrients from metabolism. 

The Freeze ointment is heaven on earth! It's loaded with different plant products like arnica to increase blood flow while also having menthol to cool the muscles. I love applying this when I get out of the shower. It's so refreshing and gives your body a slight tingle.

The Breeze massage oil is designed to balance your skin's moisture levels. Some people have dry skin from under producing glands where others have oily skin from over active glands. This oil, loaded with activated hemp works for both gland types to help them reach a balance. I have a pesky dry spot on my arm this winter and have been using the breeze oil on it once a week. It has really helped to get rid of the dryness that winter can bring. 

Nuun


If you haven't heard, I love Nuun! I've been a huge fan of their's for years. We got several different tubes from them to try out. Each tube has twelve effervescent tablets that you add to water. After a few minutes you have great tasting, electrolyte filled water. Nuun electrolytes are just as they sound, only electrolytes. I drink at least one of these tablets a day, especially during a workout. Watermelon and Strawberry Lemonade are my top flavors.

Vitamins were a surprise to me, I didn't think I would like them as much as I do. I try to stay away from taking vitamin supplements, as I would rather get it directly from food. What's great about this type of Nuun is that they have vitamins that most people tend to be lacking, and they aren't in mega high doses. They are just enough to give you a boost without creating expensive pee like other vitamins. 

Energy is my favorite of all their products. These tablets are fortified with a single serving of caffeine as well and electrolytes. These flavors are dynamite! Cherry Limeade, Mango Orange, Ginger Lemonade. Ugh I just love them all because caffeine dehydrates you when you consume it, so when you drink it with electrolytes then you don't feel as depleted.

Last but not least is there new brand called Immunity. These are super special because they are loaded with zinc, turmeric, elderberry, ginger, and echinacea which is all good for you when you are not feeling well. I prefer to drink these hot as Nuun tea, since these flavors are much better hot in my opinion.

Vooray

I was blown away with how fast I fell in love with this company. We got a backpack from them which contained all our other gear inside. This backpack has more pockets than you would every expect. In the main compartment there is a place for a laptop or tablet and a zipper pouch, two bottle pouches on the side, and another smaller compartment on the front.

The bag is made with high quality materials making it extremely durable while also resisting water. I love taking this bag to work because I know the snow and sleet can't get inside my bad and ruin anything. 

To attest to how much I enjoyed the backpack I also bought one of their duffel bags. While our backpack was a solid black they have so many other designs for their other bags. In the case of both bags I'm still amazed about how much I can fit into each of them. I always have at least one of them with me at all times because they have replaced my other bags.

Reflections

Between all the accessories that we received at TRE they all had something in common, they bring out the best in us. The Addaday roller helps to reduce recovery time and promote healthy muscles, all the arcanum products help your body to find balance and recovery, Nuun keeps your body full of all the nutrients it needs, and the Vooray bag saves me time and energy by only having to use one bag for all my stuff. 






No comments:

Post a Comment