Saturday, May 19, 2018

Product Review: Athlinks

Disclaimer: I am promoting Athlinks as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!


This year Bibrave has partnered with Athlinks which is a company that is about make your racing life so much easier. Athlinks is a website that compiles races results from virtually every race that there is in one place. So you create a profile and can search their data banks of results to find your results to save to your profile, et voilà!



For example with me, I was able to claim my results (see above) in just a few simple clicks for all of these races. It even has the statistics each race on where you placed in your age group, finish time, and pace. I find all of this information to be super handy especially when looking at your races all next to each other.

I'm a sucker for data, so when I'm trying to figure out how to improve or modify my training being able to see a birds eye view of my results is quite handy. Either that or having to look back in Strava to each specific date, then going to each individual website for results (if they have them), ugh what a pain.

One of my favorite features is that it shows you your PR's for each distance. We all know that sometimes our tracking devices can be a little off from our actual finish time, when the finish time is really the official PR time. Being able to have this information readily available is so convenient when signing up for a new race that requires a finish time from another race. Oh and it GETS BETTER! They have an app for it too, so you can always have your results with you. (app on right, desktop below).
So I bet you're wondering a few things:
  • How easy can this really be? 
  • I don't remember the name of every race I have run.
  • How will this be different than searching through a race website for results?
Sit back and relax my friends as I put all your hesitations at ease. I started my profile and entered my personal information like birthday and name, now the website uses that to populate race results that match your information. So all I had to do was scroll down a list of unclaimed results and claim which races were mine, and which were by this imposter Chris McManus. Yeah I found out that not only is my name not original but that there is another runner with my name, gasp! So keep that in mind when claiming your results, only claim results that you yours.
To sum this up, save time and energy by checking out this website and getting all your race results. Oh did I mention that this is free?! So there is nothing holding you back from greatness! 

Check out Athlinks on their social media profiles for more cool updated from them:
IG: @athlinks

No comments:

Post a Comment