Friday, November 18, 2016

Product Review: XX2i Brazil1 Casual Sunglasses

Disclaimer: I received a pair of XX2i Brazil1 Sunglasses to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

This is my seconds product from XX2i that I've had the pleasure of testing and reviewing. I have to say this time was a little more interesting since the Brazil1 sunglasses are from their casual line, not their sports line. Meaning that they are not meant to be worn while running or exercising. Testing these out was definitely going to be fun because it gave me so much more of any opportunity to test them.


Initial Thoughts

I loved the simple and elegant black design, however they do have other colors to choose from. I knew I would be able to pair them easily with many different outfits that way. When I put them on I couldn't figure out if they are just a perfect fit to my head or what but they're so comfortable! I can shake my head as fast as I can and they won't move at all. As with the other pair of XX2i I have, the Brazil1's don't have any nose pads however it's not necessary at all. No discomfort in any way. The polarized lenses also are a plus too! Seeing everything just a little bit clearer and more vibrant is amazing, especially in Maui with all the sunlight all the time. 

In Everyday Life

I wanted to try to incorporate these sunglasses into as many parts of my daily life as I could to show off the versatility of them. I work at a hotel and have to dress in business casual five days a week, and I've worn these sunglasses just about everyday to work and I always feel like they compliment my outfit. Especially when I wear any shade of blue to match the lenses. 

I absolutely love to wear them when driving my car! The lenses are wide enough that they don't limit my range of vision or have any blind spots as other sunglasses do. I've had sunglasses in the past that don't dim the sun's light at all even if they protect your eyes from UV. These are not like that, I've had direct sunlight hit me while wearing my Brazil1's while I'm driving and it's not intense at all. I can still see without having to squint or drive impaired from being blinded. Anything that keeps my senses alert while driving in a place with lots of foreign drivers is a big bonus!

I took them to the beach on one of my days off and have nothing but good things to say about that experience. No sliding down my nose from sunblock, and since the frame isn't metal I didn't have to worry about rust when rinsing off the sand. Granted there are metal screws but there is so little exposed that there wasn't anything to worry about. I also found that they fit comfortably with a cap on without hurting my ears. Sometimes the combination of wearing a cap and glasses of any kind can really hurt the tops of your ears. This was not the case with these sunglasses. 

The Real Test

I wanted to do something really out of the box to test these sunglasses, something that was fun while still within the range of being casual. I went horseback riding with my friend Kat the other day. I figured this would be the best opportunity to prove that these sunglasses are good for any situation since horseback riding is as close to the boarder of casual and performance sport in regards to style of sunglasses.

We were up at Mendes Ranch on the North Shore of Maui. It was a beautiful morning, sun was shining, and trade winds were pretty strong. We did a two hours hike along the sea cliffs that's all part of the ranch. The polarized lenses just increased the beauty of everything that I saw, from the deep blue water, the green trees and bushes, the red clay dirt, and especially the ridges along the cliffs. Between the wind and bouncing from the horse I was happy to not have had to readjust my sunglasses once as they didn't slide at all. The horse I was paired with was named Rosie, ans she did not like to wait for other horses. There were two different spot where we were actually able to run with the horse, full sprint. Rosie was a very fast horse and flew past a few other horses who were running too slow for her. Even at a full sprint the sunglasses stayed in place. I consider that a successful test of the limits of these sunglasses.

Conclusions

Keeping in mind that the Brazil1 sunglasses are meant for casual everyday life, you won't have a problem adding them to your lifestyle. Especially if you like to test the boundaries like a do and wear them in more active situations. I think these are the most versatile sunglasses I have ever worn since they look super sleek, and can match any outfit while still giving you the benefits of polarized lenses without the price usually associated with them.  

Don't forget to use code "BRAZIL1" for 60% these sunglasses now through midnight Tuesday!

Join the Bibrave Team Tuesday November 22nd at 4pm HST for an XX2i Sponsored Bibchat!

Follow XX2i on social media to stay up to date on their new releases!

T: @XX2i
IG: @XX2i 

No comments:

Post a Comment