Thursday, September 1, 2016

Product Review: Aftershokz Trekz Titanium Pink Wireless Headphones

Disclaimer: I received a pair of Pink Trekz Titanium Wireless Headphones to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

I've already had the privilege of using this product for the past few months as I was the winner of the Bibchat back in April, which I absolutely love my Trekz! So when I was given the opportunity to test and promote their new product, I couldn't turn that down. For my original product review click here.


#awarewithpink Campaign

The whole idea of these headphones is to keep athletes aware by keeping your ears open. They use bone conducting technology to play the music into your cheek bones, allowing you to hear the music but also allowing for all other audio inputs to be registered, like cars, animals, other athletes, etc. In keeping with the premise of keeping people aware they took this idea and are using it to help raise money for the Bright Pink Organization. 

Bright Pink is a non-profit organization that is trying to encourage women to take proactive measures with breast and ovarian cancers. It's the only organization that focuses on helping and educating younger women take early detection steps to prevent these cancers. I can't support this campaign enough because it is something that I truly hold dear. I think that the more people are educated, the more aware they can be, then the stronger we will become.

What Aftershokz is doing is donating 25% of proceeds of their Pink Trekz Titanium Headphones from September 1st-October 31st to Bright Pink. Additionally they encouraging the use of #awarewithpink with all posts, then at the end of the campaign they will donate an additional 25¢ per hashtag used to Bright Pink.

It's truly heartwarming to see a company go out of their way to help the community with preventative measures against cancer. I think that is our best chance to beat cancer, by raising enough awareness in the young as they will be the future of our society. 

Running Benefits

Some of the benefits I have noticed when running with these are:
  • Obviously improved audio awareness to traffic while on the road, and animals while in the trails
    • I had another close encounter with a wild boar while on my usual trails. I was able to hear the boar rummaging around in the bushes and knew to keep my distance and not bother it. Big thanks to the headphones for that!
  • Improved confidence while running. Since I've been able to hear more while running I can run more confidently knowing that I have my safety in hands. I don't have to expect cars to see me and put my life in their hands. I can hear them and make room for myself. 
    • This is the same with bikers and moped drivers too. I run a lot at night and can see the single light of the moped coming towards me, but also hear that distinct hum of the motor. Most of them don't expect to have to dodge runners at night time, so I have learned to get as close to the guardrail as possible so I don't get hit. Being able to hear them is a huge bonus!
  • I think this goes without saying that I feel so much more aware while running, DUH, especially during races though! I recently ran a trail race, Xterra Adventure Fest Maui, and one part of the course was along a narrow ridge that dropped down very far. Having these headphones was such a blessing because I could hear other runners calling "left" as they passed me. So I able to move over and give them extra space instead of endangering them by not being able to hear them.
Conclusion

If you take all the aspects that make these headphones: being beneficial for runners and the added bonus of the support you'll be giving to Bright Pink, how can you possible say no to these headphones? I think they should be on every runner's radar for their next purchase so that you can enjoy the confidence of knowing you can keep yourself safe and save others in the process!



At checkout use code "Pink" for a free semi-hard Trekz case for your headphones. I mean they keep you safe so you might as well keep them safe too!

Don't forget to join us for Bibchat on Tuesday September 6th!




No comments:

Post a Comment